Success of IB Student
2018-2021 IB DP and IB Course Student Statistics
77 IB Diplomas
IB Diploma Students Have Averaged 30 Points abover the National Average
83% Pass Rate of All IB Students that took IB Assessments
A 2010 study that looked at performance on IB exams and college GPA of over 1,500 IB students enrolled in the University of California system found:
- IB students earned higher GPAs and graduated at higher rates than a matched comparison group.
- Performance in the Diploma Programme was the strongest predictor of college GPA.
The 2011 study of IB students’ experiences after high school found:
· IB students graduated from college at higher rates, with 81% of IB students graduating within 6 years of enrolling full-time at a 4-year institution, compared to the national average of 57%.
A 2011 study of almost 25,000 IB Diploma and certificate students found:
· IB students were more likely than the national average to attend college full-time, with nearly 70% attending selective or more selected colleges.
2012 study of Chicago public schools interviewed Diploma Programme alumni and found that:
- Students reported that they felt prepared to succeed and excel in their coursework.
- Had strong academic skills, especially related to analytical writing.
- Learned academic behaviors like work ethic, motivation and time management.
- Identified preparation in the IB programme as the source of their success as college students.