Hi West Nation! My name is Kelly Kilpatrick and I am proud to serve MWHS as the College & Career Counselor! The College & Career Center, called "The Zone," is open to all students. In The Zone, we assist students in developing a plan to ACT! ACT refers to "Armed Forces, College, Trade School." My focus is to assure all MWHS students have an ACT plan in place prior to graduation.
Please visit the College & Career page throughout the year for important info.
Use the link below:
This is my 24th year serving in public education. I began my career as a medical professional with a degree in Radiologic Science, specializing in Mammography and Surgical Radiology. During my years working in this field, I discovered my passion was to mentor high school students as I enjoyed teaching them as they rotated through our department.
This passion led me into the next path in life, serving as a Health Science Instructor @ Tomball HS for 20 years. I enjoyed sharing my passion of the medical profession with my students and guiding them toward a future as a medical professional.
Completing a Master's in School Counseling opened up a new chapter in my life. Serving as a counselor for 3 years at Kingwood
Park HS was an amazing experience, but returning closer to home, closer to my grand-daughter was my priority.
I was beyond excited to accept the position of College & Career Counselor @ MWHS! All of the wonderful things I
heard about MISD have proven true and I am blessed to be surrounded by a family of educators who truly have a passion to love and guide students to the next stages in life.
I have been married to my high school sweetheart for 33 years. We have two wonderful children, Ashley and Travis, ages 31 and 26. Ashley is an Accountant for Chevron. She and her husband have a beautiful 3 year-old daughter, Brooklynn. My grand-daughter is a huge blessing and a highlight in my life!. Travis works for Monster Energy in Marketing/PR and loves to play hockey. Ashley completed her Master's @ SFA and Travis, his Bachelor's @ SHSU. Yes, Orange and Purple divided!
My hobbies/interests include Clogging and Cycling. I am part of an all ladies Clogging team. We enjoy performing at festivals and other functions. I also enjoy cycling. My husband and I have ridden the MS 150 for the past two years (the bike ride from Houston to Austin to benefit Multiple Sclerosis.) We plan to ride for MS for many years to come.
Please visit The College & Career page (link below) for ALL info! This is where I will post all updates for "The Zone!"
USE LINK BELOW:
Community Resources for Mental Health:
Mental/Behavioral Health Services Locator - http://liberty.tx.networkofcare.org/mh/index.aspx
Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare - http://www.tricountyservices.org/
- What is Tri-County? A Comprehensive mental health service that offers many mental and behavioral health services locally.
- How do I access these services? Walk-In Clinic open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 9:30 at 233 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. South, Conroe, TX (936)521-6100
- Speak to your campus counselor for pre-referral information
Yes to Youth - https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
- Local Counseling - Shelter - Empowerment
- Magnolia Office - 31335 Friendship Dr. Magnolia, TX (281)259-0440
- The Woodlands Office - 8701 New Trails Suite 118 The Woodlands, TX (281)292-6471
NAMI - https://namigreaterhouston.org/
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Greater Houston offers on-going support groups for family members of those diagnosed with mental health conditions. No registration is required. Locations in Tomball and The Woodlands.
Mental Health Informational Sites:
Specific to Trauma/Grief:
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - http://www.sptsusa.org/parents/
- If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or tell Siri on your smartphone you feel you or someone wants to kill themself and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
- Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
- Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24 hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
Emotional & Behavioral Strategies Sites:
Kids Health for Emotional and Behavior Information - https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/emotions/?WT.ac=p-nav-emotions#catschool
Secondary - Parent Teen Connect - https://www.parenteenconnect.org/
Tri-County - http://www.tricountyservices.org/substance-use-services
Al-Anon Alcohol Resource - https://al-anon.org/
SOS (Society of Samaritans) - https://www.societyofsamaritanstx.org/
- Offers financial hardship crisis assistance, food assistance, clothing and household goods, holiday giving, and job services
- Location: 31355 Friendship Drive, Suite 500 Magnolia, TX 77355
TOMAGUA - http://tomagwa.org/home
- Provides medical assistance at a low to no cost
- 455 School Street, Suite 30 Tomball, TX 77375
- Magnolia Location coming soon