I am pleased to serve as your 12th Grade Counselor. This is my 22nd year as an educator and my fourth year as a counselor at Magnolia West. Having lived in the area for the past 30 years, I have also previously served as a high school counselor in Klein ISD and as a Spanish teacher in Conroe ISD. I graduated from Sam Houston State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Spanish and a Master's Degree in Counseling. I am also a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) Intern working part-time in a private counseling practice. And I'm the proud mom of a 12th grader and two college students!
My assistant, Ms. Berrios and I may be found in Office 2505. We look forward to getting to know you. Please let us know how we can support you in the final leg of your journey to graduation!
Be sure to visit the web page of our College & Career Counselor, Mrs. Kilpatrick, for all the latest information related to planning for what's next after graduation: https://mwhs.magnoliaisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=259264&type=d&pREC_ID=1247602
Let's have a GREAT year!
SOS (Society of Samaritans) - https://www.societyofsamaritanstx.org/
- Offers financial hardship crisis assistance, food assistance, clothing and household goods, holiday giving, and job services
- Location: 31355 Friendship Drive, Suite 500 Magnolia, TX 77355
TOMAGUA - http://tomagwa.org/home
- Provides medical assistance at a low to no cost
- 455 School Street, Suite 30 Tomball, TX 77375
- Magnolia Location coming soon
Community Resources for Mental Health:
Mental/Behavioral Health Services Locator - http://liberty.tx.networkofcare.org/mh/index.aspx
- What is Tri-County? A Comprehensive mental health service that offers many mental and behavioral health services locally.
- How do I access these services? Walk-In Clinic open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 9:30 at 233 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. South, Conroe, TX (936)521-6100
- Speak to your campus counselor for pre-referral information
Yes to Youth - https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
- Local Counseling - Shelter - Empowerment
- Magnolia Office - 31335 Friendship Dr. Magnolia, TX (281)259-0440
- The Woodlands Office - 8701 New Trails Suite 118 The Woodlands, TX (281)292-6471
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Greater Houston offers on-going support groups for family members of those diagnosed with mental health conditions. No registration is required. Locations in Tomball and The Woodlands.
Mental Health Informational Sites:
Specific to Trauma/Grief: https://www.nctsn.org/
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - http://www.sptsusa.org/parents/
- If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or tell Siri on your smartphone you feel you or someone wants to kill themself and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
- Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
- Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24 hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
Emotional & Behavioral Strategies Sites:
Kids Health for Emotional and Behavior Information - https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/emotions/?WT.ac=p-nav-emotions#catschool
Secondary - Parent Teen Connect - https://www.parenteenconnect.org/
Al-Anon Alcohol Resource - https://al-anon.org/